Sunday, February 7, 2010

Meet Kelli Kalish. . .

Kelli Kalish & Sam


"Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment and
especially on their children than the unlived life of the parent" Jung

Location:  Highland Park , Illinois

 DOB:  April 16

Children:  4 Boys..Sam (5) Max (4) Wyatt(1) Tucker(1)

Husband:  Jeff

Animals:  Chloe (dog) Juno(Bird) 2 frogs

Contact Info:

Name of Business:  Day In Your Life

Website:  http://www.kellikalish.com/

Blog:  http://www.kellikalish.com/blog/

Facebook:  Kelli Leader-Kalish

Twitter:  kalish1671

Linked In:  Kelli Kalish

Email:  kellikalish@hotmail.com

What's in your bag? (if you are building your bag, what do you desire for your bag?)

Nikon D700 (thank you Jeff)

Nikkor 24-70 2.8

Nikkor 70-200 2.8

Nikkor 50mm Portrait

SB-800 External Flash

Quantum Turbo External Battery Pack

Extra San Disk Cards

AA Baterries

Lens Cloth

Biz Cards

What's your favorite editing software?

Photoshop..I started with it and I do have Lightroom but I always go back to Photoshop

Favorite Food? Pasta   Favorite Color? Green   Zodiac Sign? Aries

A few of your favorite things?

Roaring Fires..Sushi..Great Wine..Great Movies..Photography

What or who inspires you?

My Children..Nature..

Name something you just have to have everyday:

Coffee

Tell us all about your journey into the world of photography. When did you realize that this is what you wanted to do and why.

Like many others..my husband bought me my first digital SLR after the birth of our second child. I fell in love with taking photos of them..everything. Instead of taking classes I read and read and read..everything! And I shot and shot and shot many pictures. I read my manual several times...It was instinctual and after that I knew that I wanted to pursue this as something more.

If you already have a photography business please tell us about it, type of photography you do, how long you have been doing it, etc...

A Day In Your Life is my photography business.  I consider myself a modern lifestyle photographer.   Mainly children and families..maternity..newborn..I second shot a few weddings last year and am really focusing on that this year. I always say I am still in the process of launching it because it is a never-ending process.  And with 4 little ones at home the process can be slow going.

Who is your favorite photographer that you follow and why?

I happened upon Mera's site at the beginning of my journey and I have to say that as a mentor she is amazing! Her style I love as well..mostly natural light..photojournalistic feel..not alot of post-processing

Besides photography, what else do you do , i.e. work, domestic engineer, volunteer?

I am a stay at home mom to a 5, 4 and two 1 year old boys. Any extra time is devoted to photography..

What are some of your other hobbies and/or things that you like to do besides photography?

Running..reading..travelling..I have to laugh because there is really not alot of extra time for any of those!

If there is one thing in the world that you would like to change, what would that be and why?

Poverty and everything that goes along with it..it is an unfortunate thing that money makes alot of the world go round. I hate the fact that people are not afforded the same opportunities as others because of the dollars they do not have in their bank accounts.

Name three things you would like to do before you die?

Get published! Somewhere..anywhere

Travel more..alot

Have a successful photography business

List three goals you would like to accomplish in 2010:

Marketing! Getting my name out there..

Weddings. I would love to book more weddings..so I need to focus on that in terms of marketing

Blogging..alot! I really slacked last year..Really making my blog a part of my marketing plan

Please tell us about the photos you are submitting and why they are your favorites.

Last year between giving birth to twins..two boys starting school..training for a marathon..I felt like I was totally neglecting my two oldest Sam and Max. Before the twins arrived I would have Sam and Max out and about with me constantly (camera in hand!). This trip to the beach was the first time after the twins arrived that we had some quality alone time..and I just love how these photos turned out!





_______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you Kelli for participating in the Spotlight!  It was a pleasure to learn more about you.  Wow, FOUR kids. . . whew, I am tired just thinking about it!  I don't know how you even manage any extra time to have a photography business!!  You must be one organized lady!  They are so adorable!

Good luck Kelli, I hope you meet all your goals this year and more!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Kelli,
    Your children are adorable and I'm just a little envious! lol I love kids and photography goes hand in hand with children.
    You must be a super organized lady to do all that you do...loved reading about your world!
    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kelli,
    Wow!!! Four little boys...must say I'm a bit envious of how many children you have! Was hoping for twins...my husband's mom had 3 sets of twins plus two single births.
    You must be one super-organized lady to do all that you do. Sending best wishes that all your dreams come true this year!
    Cheers,
    Susan Reynolds
    Orangevale, CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure why my comments are not posting...Just want to wish you the best with your growing family and blessings in the year to come...Now if I could only get as organized as you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kelli! My hat is off to you! Busy, busy lady are you! I really enjoyed reading about you and looking at the photos of two of your boys... love the one with the shells in the sand and your son blurred out in the background... fantastic! Looks like it was a wonderful day spent with them. Good Luck to you and your dreams with your photography.

    Shine On!

    ReplyDelete