Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Meet Jenessa Evans . . .

Jenessa Evans


"Only passions can elevate the soul to a higher place"


"That which doesn't kill us, leaves us to wake up with a really really terrible hangover. all i really know for sure is knowing doesn't mean so much."



Location: Katy, Texas (suburb of Houston)

DOB:  September 10th

Children: AJ

Husband: Jeremiah

Animals: Lucy


Name of Business: Don't Blink Photography

Website: http://www.dontblinkphotoz.com/

Blog: http://www.dontblinkphotoz.blogspot.com/

Facebook: jenessa.evans

Twitter: @dontblinkphotoz

Skype: jenessa.j.evans

Email: jenessa@dontblinkphotoz.com

What's in your bag? (if you are building your bag, what do you desire for your bag?)

Canon Xsi 50mm f/1.4 & speedlite 430exII

Dreaming if an 85mm f/1.2 and Canon 5d Mark II

What's your favorite editing software?

Lightroom, Photoshop with TRA actions

Favorite Food? Gyro from Niko Niko's So yummy

Favorite Color? Teal and Black

Zodiac Sign? Virgo

A few of your favorite things?

My iPhone, Second Life (I know I'm a nerd) and reality TV.

What inspires you?

Abandoned homes, Dying fields, a rusted barn. I find that once I am behind the lens my emotions start to kick in and I just go for what comes from within.

Name something you just have to have everyday:

Coffee, Facebook, and Diet Dr. Pepper. and makeup... I have a huge collection and even if it's just
mascara I have to have it!

Tell us all about your journey into the world of photography. When did you realize that this is what you wanted to do and why.

I have been shooting for about 7 months with my business, I bought my first camera about 2 years ago and was asked by tons of friends if I would shoot them. It went from there. I am trying to go back to being the photographer I love being and just shooting and trying not to think too much on the business accepts. I am a certified bookkeeper by day and help run a family business, I work for my sister; but photography allows me to let out my creativity and emotions I try to express.

If you already have a photography business please tell us about it, type of photography you do, how long you have been doing it, etc...

7 months with a name... just having a name alone isn't the only thing I need, (just realizing this) I love shooting teens and adults. I like to incorporate drama along with a vintage feel i.e. rusted barn or railroad tracks. I find getting a name out there is much harder if you are like me with limited funds. I have been redoing my portfolio after finding what I really love to capture... DRAMA!

If you are dreaming of starting your business, what are you learning and/or doing to move you towards your goal?

Marketing, Marketing. Reading about other photogs and how easy it was for them to just succeed from the get go is gut wrenching when I do my best to grab the attention of those I aspireto shoot!

Who is your favorite photographer that you follow and why?

Gina Kolsrud her work is filled with drama and love the mood she sets in them. If you haven't checked her out she's one photog I wish to be like when I grow up :P

Besides photography, what else do you do , i.e. work, domestic engineer,volunteer?

Work full time as a bookkeeper and mommy. I love going out to dinner with my family. I mean the whole family.

What are some of your other hobbies and/or things that you like to do besides photography?

Tons of crafty things at home to keep me busy when I can't shoot, I crochet, make t-shirts, rhinestone flip flops pretty much anything crafty I am all about.

Do you have any other businesses that you are incorporating and/or combining in your photography business or that is separate other than photography?

I also started a freelance makeup artist company 3 years ago which never really launched. In most of my recent work I have done everything from makeup to hair and selecting the wardrobe. I really love putting on a shoot! Glamor is where my heart melts!

If there is one thing in the world that you would like to change, what would that be and why?

I wish the US economy was better and many people weren't without a home or on the verge of losing a home. It has to turn around right?

Name three things you would like to do before you die?

Visit Europe, watch my daughter go to college, and renew my 50th wedding vows with my husband.

List three goals you would like to accomplish in 2010:

Gain tons of exposure and would love to be known in the industry.

Please tell us about the photos you are submitting and why they are your favorites.








XOXO Jenessa
__________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you Jenessa for participating in the spotlight!  It was so great to get to know you better.  I love your images as they have a certain style to them that is very intriguing.  Good luck with your business this year and always! 

5 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you already know what your style is. It's going to make marketing yourself a lot easier. You do fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are wonderful and you definitely have a style all your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the drama in your work Jenessa, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies!! I feel famous being on here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenessa Evans ClissoldMay 27, 2011 4:25 PM

    Hello, i love your name...for obvious reasons. Great photography as well...

    ReplyDelete