Friday, April 16, 2010

Meet Feuza Reis . . .

Feuza Reis

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken"



Location: South River, NJ

DOB: 11/29

Children: 2 boys, Lucas who is 5 and Joshua who is 3

Husband: Maxwel Tomaz

Name of Business: Feuza Reis Photography

Website: http://www.feuzareis.com/

Blog:  www.feuzareis.com/blog

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/feuza

Twitter:  www.twitter.com/feuza

Email: feuza@feuzareis.com

What's in your bag? (if you are building your bag, what do you desire for your bag?)

Right now my bag consists of:

Nikon D300 S

Nikon D80

50 mm 1.8

18-135 3.5

SB 600 Flash

SB 400 Flash

and for weddings I usually rent the 24-70 and the 70-200

would love to have a prime 85 1.8 too

What's your favorite editing software?

Lightroom all the way!

Favorite Food: Italian and love salads

Favorite Color: brown

A few of your favorite things:

laughter, a good sense of humor, brazil, my family, traveling, star lit sky, playing with my hair, social media, branding

What or who inspires you?

Jasmine Star, Fast Track Photographers, Dane Sanders, Sarah Rhodes and amazing moms

Name something you just have to have everyday: Joy!

Tell us all about your journey into the world of photography. When did you realize that this is what you wanted to do and why.

Kind of a long story, well first experience with photography was sophomore class in highs chool and I loved the class but became lazy and actually cheated on my last assignment but confessed I used some one else's film ( sorry Mr. Murphy) then during my senior year, my first job ever in life was as a photographer at J.C Penny photography Studio, crying babies and no pee breaks, was out of there in 6 months, fast forward 12 years later, I had been trying to get into wedding business, tried gift baskets then invitations, but I had been doing slideshows for my church for 2 years already and some folks who were hiring me for invites and slideshows started saying, well I do not have a good picture, can you take one for me, and I took some with regular point and shoot and was like hum, I like this, I can do this, why not get paid for this? But the real magic came when a recent friend who had just started her party decorating business had a client and she called me and said, you could photograph this client and I did not even have a camera, so I looked on line on how to price it, sort of, spoke to client, sent prices and nothing, I did not think she would call back, I bought my first DSLR on the way to my shoot and have not stopped shooting ever since. I did a lot of Maternity, Family, Kids, Events at first and have plunged into weddings the last 6 months. It took me almost 30 years to finally find out what I wanted to be when I grew up.

If you already have a photography business please tell us about it, type of photography you do, how long you have been doing it, etc...

Answered a bit up top, right now trying to focus more on wedding photography and some life style portrait, would love to have a seniors brand, perhaps in future.

Who is your favorite photographer that you follow and why?

I have a few, I love Jasmine Star because of her sharp colorful images and amazing way of writing the couples story.  I also am a big fan of Justin and Mary from CT and Gray Photographers from Nashville, these are all genuine people who give back, share and have amazing photography. I recently found
Nick Onken who has some amazing work and understand branding, my favorite topic quite well. Some others who have inspired me include Paula Leme, Brazilian photographer and Sarah Rhodes stuff is so cool too!

Besides photography, what else do you do , i.e. work, domestic engineer, volunteer?


Full-time Super Hero Mom, also assist in husband's tile installation business, and I have done childrens' ministry at my church for many years.

What are some of your other hobbies and/or things that you like to do besides photography?


Love topics on branding, love to travel, love to plan things, love to watch funny movies, love to talkkkkk!

Do you have any other businesses that you are incorporating and/or combining in your photography business or that is separate other than photography?

I was trying to do a videography business for my husband, but realized it is two completely different businesses, so I do not think we will go that route.  I do, however, plan to offer some fusion options as I play with the mix of still motion and live.

If there is one thing in the world that you would like to change, what would that be and why?

Poverty, because it leads to violence, crime, deaths, ignorance.

Name three things you would like to do before you die?

Have an established wedding photography business

Travel Europe with Hubster

Rebuild my grandmas old house

List three goals you would like to accomplish in 2010:

Do one more destination wedding

Do a speaking event

Second shoot 10 weddings

Please tell us about the photos you are submitting and why they are your favorites.



Hannah Joys picture- this was a month to month baby I did for an year and this was my favorite session especially since her name has Joy in it and as I said Joy is so important to me, God's Joy that I have in my life.



This one is from a destination wedding I did last year.  This was one of my first weddings and has opened up many doors including getting feautured on bridal crate magazine.



This has been my favorite E session and recently used many pictures of it for my website launch and this has been a favorite of many folks.



_______________________________________________________________________
Thank you Feuza for participating in the spotlight!  It was a pleasure getting to know you better and I wish you well in your journey!  I love DW too, so maybe someday we can do one together. 
Best wishes for continued success!

5 comments:

  1. I loved your quote Feuza! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a rock star Feuza!!! LOVE IT! And love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Feuza! Follow your dreams!

    "Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love."~1 Corinthians 16:13-14 NLT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this Feuza. Thanks for sharing with us. I just love getting to know everyone a little better here.

    ReplyDelete